Sunday, March 10, 2013

Steamed Lobster Tails

"The world is my lobster." - Henry J. Tillman

The first time I had lobster was when my fiance convinced me to begrudgingly try it. I always claimed I wasn't a "fish person," but one bite of lobster and I was hooked! I think lobster is one of those foods that tastes great without a bunch of extra spices to change the flavor, so this is an extremely simple recipe that lets the natural lobster flavor shine.


Ingredients:
2 lobster tails
2/3 cup water
1 lemon
salt and pepper (pinches)
1-2 T of butter

Directions: 

Step 1: In a large frying pan add water and juice squeezed from half the lemon. Bring water to a boil.

Step 2: Cut the lobster tails down the middle (in a butterfly cut). Carefully partially separate the shell from the meat and rinse off any broken pieces of shell.

Step 3: Add the lobster tails to the pan and cover, steaming for 8 minutes. 

Step 4: Microwave the butter for 30 seconds in a small bowl. Squeeze the other half of the lemon into the bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. 

Step 5: Remove the lobster tails from the pan and serve immediately, using the melted butter for dipping.

Serves 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment