Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Apple Crisp Cravings

"Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why." - Bernard M. Baruch

Apple crisp was one of those things I was worried I would have to 'give up' due to going gluten-free, but this recipe is just as good as the gluten version, if I do say so myself! I posted a picture of it to my facebook and was quickly asked to post the recipe, so here it is by popular demand.



Ingredients:

4 apples, sliced and peeled
butter spray (or any non-stick spray)
1/2 cup softened butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup all purpose gluten-free flour
3/4 cup certified gluten-free oats 
1 tsp xanthum gum
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:

Step 1: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat a 8x8 oven safe dish with butter spray or non-stick spray. Layer sliced and peeled apples loosely in the pan.

Step 2: In a small bowl, mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar, gluten-free flour, oats, xanthum gum, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Unless you are using a mixer, I highly recommend slowly adding the ingredients to the softened butter for ease of stirring.

Step 3: Crumble the flour mixture on top of the apples until everything is covered.  Cook for 20-25 minutes, or until topping is crispy and brown. Serve with vanilla ice cream!

Serves 6-8. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment