Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cranberry Avocado Tuna Salad


Ever since I made Stephen King’s tuna salad recipe, I realized that I’m not 10 years old anymore, and I do like tuna salad.  It was one of those lovely moments when you try something that you hated as a child but your taste buds have changed from twenty years of spicy foods, sugar dissolution, and finally appreciation of nutritional value, and suddenly that dish you abhorred tastes amazing.

Long story short, I’ve made a lot of tuna salad lately, and this recipe is definitely my tuna salad pride-and-joy. It is perfect for the impending summer (Midwestern friends—its coming. I promise. Winter can’t stay forever. This isn’t Game of Thrones.)

Cranberry Avocado Tuna Salad

1 celery stalk, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
½ cup dried cranberries
2 cans responsibly caught* tuna
1 teaspoon agave
½ tablespoon lemon juice
Pinch of salt
½ cup mayonnaise
½ avocado, cut into bite sized pieces

*Yes, I realize that responsibly caught tuna probably taste the same as any other tuna. But why be an asshole if you don’t have to?

Step 1: In a small bowl mix agave, lemon juice, salt, and mayonnaise.

Step 2: In a large bowl toss onions, celery, cranberries, and tuna. Pour small bowl mix onto large bowl and stir in. Once thoroughly stirred, carefully toss in the avocado.

Step 3: Let sit for 15 minutes and then serve.


Serves 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment